I hope you’re all well its been a busy busy week for me , I worked 7 days in a row all 8 hour shifts and late nights , so its nice to have a day off to write a little blog post. This weekend it was my sisters 18th birthday and I was in search for a really good foundation since I wanted to invest in something that was going to make my skin look amazing for the night and also last throughout the night. I decided to takea trip into Derry and go to the Paddy McGurgan makeup pro store and check out what they had to offer in foundations.
I have quite dry skin so I knew I wanted to try something that wasn’t going to cling to any dry spots or make my skin look worse than it was. I opted for the Makeup Studio Face It Cream Foundation in light beige since it offered that dewy glow to my face but also promised to stay put for those long hours of partying.
The foundation comes in a little pot ( which is super cute and different to what I was used to ) and you’re able to attach any other colours you have together and stack them up! ( which I also found really cool for the aspring makeup artist who needs different colours in their kit) The foundation cost £24.50 which came out at around €29 for me.
I applied my foundation with the real techniques buffing brush , it was recommended to use a duo fibre brush for this foundation but I found I didn’t have much control over it , so decided to change the brush I used and it worked a treat. The girl who colour matched me also said that the foundation would easily last you 6 months since you really don’t need to use all that much to get a full coverage look, and she was totally right!
The foundation applied evenly and naturally it literally looked just like my skin. I was so pleased with this foundation since it really did do what it promised. The foundation lasted all night even after all the dancing and drinking that we did!
I hope you liked this little post , have you tried this product of heard of it? I would love to hear your thoughts below in the comments
you can follow me on twitter and instagram to see what I get up to when I’m not blogging!
So I’ve been debating whether to write this post for a while now , or just completely leaving it. I decided what the heck and here I am now , writing a long winded post yet again. I know I’ve been very distant on this part of the internet for a while now , since last year really, but I feel more like myself now than I ever did.
From past posts you’ll realise that I left college and took time off to decide what I really wanted to do with my life , I found a job and started earning a decent income that kept me going. I have always had a fair idea of what I wanted to do in life and it was always going to be with makeup. I have ALWAYS wanted to work with makeup , I just love that makeup can change a persons mood for the better and I adore seeing people happy and thats what I really want to do in life. For a while it looked like it wasn’t really going to happen , a lot of people told me that its not a sufficient job , there’s no real calling for makeup artists out there these days and that anyone could be one. I think thats what really put me down in the dumps the past few months , since I felt like that dream that I really wanted to make a reality was never going to be in my reach.
The past few days I really pushed myself to fall back in love with the idea , and its worked , I think that the little push really just showed me that this is what I want to do in life , and I CAN make it my career. I’ve decided to research different schools around me that will help me with my career different courses and class that I may be interested in too. and just really push myself and ignore what other people are saying.
I find that you really need the passion and drive to have a career in something artistic or different , you really need to ignore the negative and think of the positive and there is always going to be people criticising your work , or just you as a person. I think that this week past has just taught me that I want to become a makeup artist more than I’ve ever wanted to and I’m willing to do whatever it takes. Not to sound supper sappy but no goal is ever out of reach , only you can determine whether or not you can or can’t achieve something!
I also have set a goal to start using this platform more , I’ve been ignoring it for months and only now have I found the passion to actually get right back into it
you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram if you want to see what I get up to
It’s me , the person who couldn’t update her blog for a VERY VERY long time! I suppose life got in the way , and I’m not going to lie , I’ve been incredibly lazy too , so much has gone on these past few months , that I felt I needed to take a breather and collect my thoughts and go from there.
I suppose the first thing I want to address , is the direction I want to take my blog , I’ve never had a schedule , a set time when I would post so I want to try my hardest now to set one , I’m starting a new job next week so I’ll know roughly when I’ll be able to post and get new content up then. I feel extremely embarrassed that I haven’t posted in so long.I also purchased a lot of Makeup Revolution items and I’m thinking on doing a haul or review on some of them , let me know down below if you would like to see that.
Secondly , I FINALLY go out of the course I hated. If you didn’t already know I was doing applied computing in college and absolutely hated it! It wasn’t for me and I just didn’t see myself doing it. That brings me on to my next topic! Next Year I will be training to become A MAKEUP ARTIST! It’s always been my dream to become a makeup artist but I was always told I needed to get a “proper” degree first , after a loooooong sit down with my parents , they knew I wasn’t happy with what I was doing and instead of making me go through something I hated , they understood and let me drop out to do something I loved.
So right now I’ll be working full time , trying to save up for a car and also working towards getting a qualification in becoming a makeup artist , I have a lot more time now too to write my blog without worrying about exams and papers , so hopefully I’ll be straight back at it!
thanks so much for reading guys you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram to see what I got up to during my extremely long break
So when It came to sitting down and writing a post this week , I was stumped , I was a little down in the dumps and not very motivated or inspired by the makeup I had at hand , so I decided to make a list of post ideas that any beauty blogger , new or old could use when they feel a little under the weather or looking for inspiration like me.
- Product Reviews:Review the different products you use daily and give honest reviews on how you feel about them.
- Beauty Hauls:If you’re anything like me, I LOVE to go for a good shop and showing what you bought is a great way to create a post that might inspire others to buy the products you just purchased!
- Top 10 Lipsticks/Eyeshadows:This is a great way to showcase your favourites you can also do seasonal Top 10’s too!
- Products You Regret Buying:You’re not always going to find products that work for you, write down a list of products you regret buying and why they didn’t work for you.
- Skin Care Routine: Everyone loves Skin Care! show the products you use and how you use them , you can do a night time skin care routine and a day time skin care routine.
- Whats in my Makeup Bag: This post lets your followers see what you’ve been carrying around with you on the go and your daily essentials.
- Mini Makeup Tutorials: Create your go to look , or a dramatic night time look! be creative and show off your talent!
- Personal Posts: Its always good to put a personal post out there once in while , it shows your followers that you’re human and also lets them know the type of personality that you have.
- Monthly Favourites: Post a round up of all the products you’ve been loving this month and share them with your followers.
- Morning/Night Routine: Write about what you get up to in the morning and at night , how you tend to relax or the tv shows you watch.
- Wish Lists: Create a list of products or other things , you would love for each month or just for birthdays or Christmas.
- Makeup Collection/Storage: I LOVE finding out different ways of storing makeup and looking at other peoples collections! No matter how big or small your collection is, share it!
- MOTD: Take a picture of the makeup you wore today and post it , stating what products you used to achieve the look.
- Holy Grail Products: Let us know the products you can’t live without.
- Tags: Tags are always fun to do , theres so many different types! find the best tag that suits you and go for it! It could be the TMI Tag , or the Boyfriend Tag whatever you want!
- Empties: Show your followers all the products that you have finished for the month and whether you would purchase them again and give a short review.
- Blogs your loving: Write about the different blogs you’re loving at the moment include their links and a short reason why you love reading their blog.
- How To’s: It could be anything from How to Contour to How to Strobe, teach your followers your tips and tricks on how to get certain looks!
- First Impressions: Give your followers a look into what the product you used is like on the first go , and if you would use it for a second time.
- Beauty Box Subscriptions: If you are subsribed to any beauty box sevice like Ipsy or Boxycharm then share with everyone the products you recieved that month and what you thought of the overall box!
There you go! 20 beauty blogging Ideas. I hope you enjoyed this post , it was something a little different but I enjoyed writing it , I love making lists ( is that weird??!) If you want to add to the list comment down below your blogging ideas!
You can follow me on Twitter and Instagram and subscribe to me on Youtube
It feels like forever since I’ve done any sort of review on eyeshadows or makeup of any sort so I thought I would review the wet n wild Comfort Zone Palette. I picked this up in my local Penneys ( primark to anyone from the UK) I had previously wanted to get the Walking on Eggshells palette But I seen this one and I’m trying to experiment with more colours these days and the green was just calling my name! I had previously watched tutorials on youtube using this palette so I felt the need ( obviously) to go out and buy it.
So onto the palette! I’ve watched many tutorials using this palette on youtube and the colour pay off looked amazing. I spent a whole day reading reviews and looking at swatches on different wet n wild palettes but I came to a decision that I needed the comfort zone palette out of all of them , the most. I swatched this the minute I got home and I literally died on the spot. These eyeshadows are beyond fantastic! They feel luxurious and rich and just high end!
The texture of the colours feels creamy and buttery and work like a dream when applying them. They blend out very easily and just add a more dramatic or natural feel to your makeup as there is so many versatile looks you can accomplish with them.They are all shimmers so there is no mattes in this palette. I’m quite a matte person so venturing out into shimmers was a HUGE difference for me , I don’t normally purchase shimmers I actually steer away from them but I thought I would do something different and out of my “comfort zone” ( Sorry I had to haha)
The price of this palette is amazing since the quality is so rich and creamy! I purchased this palette for around 5 euro.Bargain! In the palette you get 8 shadows , I like to think of one row as one eyeshadow look and the other as another eyeshadow look , but who’s to say you can’t mix together and use them together?
I would give this palette a 10/10 there really amazing for the price and I can’t wait to pick up more! I adore drugstore products , If I can find an amazing dupe for something I wont hesitate to purchase the cheaper alternative.
Also so so sorry for the crappy iphone picture of the palette , my room is currently being decorated and the painter was in today , my camera and leads were all in my wardrobe and they’ve been covered to save it from the paint haha should of took it out! whoops!
thanks so much for reading guys , if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask below and I’ll get back to you , You can follow me on Twitter and Instagram to see what I get up to when I don’t blog