So I’ve been debating whether to write this post for a while now , or just completely leaving it. I decided what the heck and here I am now , writing a long winded post yet again. I know I’ve been very distant on this part of the internet for a while now , since last year really, but I feel more like myself now than I ever did.
From past posts you’ll realise that I left college and took time off to decide what I really wanted to do with my life , I found a job and started earning a decent income that kept me going. I have always had a fair idea of what I wanted to do in life and it was always going to be with makeup. I have ALWAYS wanted to work with makeup , I just love that makeup can change a persons mood for the better and I adore seeing people happy and thats what I really want to do in life. For a while it looked like it wasn’t really going to happen , a lot of people told me that its not a sufficient job , there’s no real calling for makeup artists out there these days and that anyone could be one. I think thats what really put me down in the dumps the past few months , since I felt like that dream that I really wanted to make a reality was never going to be in my reach.
The past few days I really pushed myself to fall back in love with the idea , and its worked , I think that the little push really just showed me that this is what I want to do in life , and I CAN make it my career. I’ve decided to research different schools around me that will help me with my career different courses and class that I may be interested in too. and just really push myself and ignore what other people are saying.
I find that you really need the passion and drive to have a career in something artistic or different , you really need to ignore the negative and think of the positive and there is always going to be people criticising your work , or just you as a person. I think that this week past has just taught me that I want to become a makeup artist more than I’ve ever wanted to and I’m willing to do whatever it takes. Not to sound supper sappy but no goal is ever out of reach , only you can determine whether or not you can or can’t achieve something!
I also have set a goal to start using this platform more , I’ve been ignoring it for months and only now have I found the passion to actually get right back into it
you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram if you want to see what I get up to
So when It came to sitting down and writing a post this week , I was stumped , I was a little down in the dumps and not very motivated or inspired by the makeup I had at hand , so I decided to make a list of post ideas that any beauty blogger , new or old could use when they feel a little under the weather or looking for inspiration like me.
- Product Reviews:Review the different products you use daily and give honest reviews on how you feel about them.
- Beauty Hauls:If you’re anything like me, I LOVE to go for a good shop and showing what you bought is a great way to create a post that might inspire others to buy the products you just purchased!
- Top 10 Lipsticks/Eyeshadows:This is a great way to showcase your favourites you can also do seasonal Top 10’s too!
- Products You Regret Buying:You’re not always going to find products that work for you, write down a list of products you regret buying and why they didn’t work for you.
- Skin Care Routine: Everyone loves Skin Care! show the products you use and how you use them , you can do a night time skin care routine and a day time skin care routine.
- Whats in my Makeup Bag: This post lets your followers see what you’ve been carrying around with you on the go and your daily essentials.
- Mini Makeup Tutorials: Create your go to look , or a dramatic night time look! be creative and show off your talent!
- Personal Posts: Its always good to put a personal post out there once in while , it shows your followers that you’re human and also lets them know the type of personality that you have.
- Monthly Favourites: Post a round up of all the products you’ve been loving this month and share them with your followers.
- Morning/Night Routine: Write about what you get up to in the morning and at night , how you tend to relax or the tv shows you watch.
- Wish Lists: Create a list of products or other things , you would love for each month or just for birthdays or Christmas.
- Makeup Collection/Storage: I LOVE finding out different ways of storing makeup and looking at other peoples collections! No matter how big or small your collection is, share it!
- MOTD: Take a picture of the makeup you wore today and post it , stating what products you used to achieve the look.
- Holy Grail Products: Let us know the products you can’t live without.
- Tags: Tags are always fun to do , theres so many different types! find the best tag that suits you and go for it! It could be the TMI Tag , or the Boyfriend Tag whatever you want!
- Empties: Show your followers all the products that you have finished for the month and whether you would purchase them again and give a short review.
- Blogs your loving: Write about the different blogs you’re loving at the moment include their links and a short reason why you love reading their blog.
- How To’s: It could be anything from How to Contour to How to Strobe, teach your followers your tips and tricks on how to get certain looks!
- First Impressions: Give your followers a look into what the product you used is like on the first go , and if you would use it for a second time.
- Beauty Box Subscriptions: If you are subsribed to any beauty box sevice like Ipsy or Boxycharm then share with everyone the products you recieved that month and what you thought of the overall box!
There you go! 20 beauty blogging Ideas. I hope you enjoyed this post , it was something a little different but I enjoyed writing it , I love making lists ( is that weird??!) If you want to add to the list comment down below your blogging ideas!
You can follow me on Twitter and Instagram and subscribe to me on Youtube
So it dawned on me that after picking up this product a while back I never really mentioned it on my blog. I love writing reviews because I feel it really helps people decide on their opinions whether to buy something or not ,whether something is worth the money , or just a waste. So today I’ll be reviewing the NYC Sunny Bronzer.
I picked this up after reading numerous posts about it being a dupe for Hoola Bronzer(which I adore!) This bronzer is a fraction of the price of the hoola bronzer so I thought I would give it a go.
First things first , I HATE this bronzer. It’s not a dupe for Hoola at all , and it just makes you look orange and very unflattering in day light. I thought maybe it was just my skin tone so I tried this on friends and family with different skin tones and it just made them appear muddy and orange.
The texture of this bronzer is not something desirable either , I find it extremely chunky and powdery ( if that makes sense) I honestly don’t know why it received such great reviews when there is so many other amazing drugstore bronzers on the market.
I also cannot stand the packaging , its flimsy and cheap and looking at other drugstore bronzers I feel NYC could of put more thought into it , I kept going back and forth from NYC and Essence and Essence has far better packaging for the same price!
The first time I tried this It was a disaster , I tried to blend it out as much as I could , but blending it out made it look even more muddy , and the orange was not fading at all. I wish I could say I loved this product but it comes nowhere near the quality of some other drugstore bronzers such as the Seventeen bronzer and the Bourjois chocolate bronzer.
If you’re looking for a inexpensive bronzer and you want it to do its job with making you look like a tanned goddess stay away from this one , and maybe opt for the Bourjois chocolate bronzer.
Have any of you guys tried out this bronzer? what did you think of it? I would love to hear your thoughts on the product down below.
you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram and subscribe to me on Youtube
So I thought today I would do a different kind of post , I feel like I need to change things around on my blog, put a bit of a personal touch to it and open up a little more. I want to change some things around mix my daily life into it and maybe start vlogging? I’ve been playing around with the idea of vlogging for a while and would love to dive into it , it comes across as the best form of getting to know people and what their pesonality is like.
So apart from trying out vlogging , I’ve also had some things going on in my life, I recently passed my Theory Test for driving and will be starting lessons soon. Driving is something that I really feel I need right now. I think it will give me some independence and freedom as I still live at home because my college is only 15 minutes away.
I suppose before I ramble about college I’ll let you guys know how I’ve been the past few months because I haven’t mentioned it to many people aside from my family, friends and boyfriend. I’ve been having extremely bad anxiety the past few months , and over that short time it has been growing worse. I would find it hard to do every day things , I couldn’t even go to a till to pay for things , I couldn’t answer a phone and I could barely hold a conversation with someone I barely knew. Anxiety is something that everyone deals with differently and for me it was a huge issue a few years ago and has crept back up on me now. I felt like everything was on top of me and that I couldn’t even see where my future was going and that I was just stuck in a rut. I decided that I need to take things slower and set little targets for myself. I have decided to cut my course down from 4 years to 3 , with an optional year at the end of the 3rd year incase I still want to continue on to get a degree. The course I am doing is something I no longer have an interest in , but when I found out I could do 3 years I jumped at the chance instead of giving it up completely.
After talking about college and discussing my options I found that everything was easing off I felt the cloud of anxiety that was following me was finally starting to go. My anxiety isn’t gone completely but I feel talking about the situation to the people closest to me really helped me deal with it.
On a lighter note , Halloween break was great , I finally was able to relax and not have to worry about assignments and work. I spent time with friends and had a chill week. My provisional license will be ariving some time this week so I’ll be starting my lessons once It arrives . My goal is to be able to drive before I go back to college next year so fingers crossed!
I would really love to know your ideas on vlogging , would you be interested in seeing some vlogs? drop me a comment below 🙂
you can follow me on Twitter , Instagram and subscribe to me on Youtube
So I decided to add in a little something different to the posts that I normally do and have opted to show you my vanity through video. I thought it was a quicker and easier way to show you my vanity and was so much fun to film. I love the idea of starting my own youtube channel so I decided why not make a vanity tour my first video? I’ll list below where I have gotten everything from,
Malm Dressing Table- Ikea
Brush Holders- Ikea ( originally candle holders and flower pots)
Silver candle holder – Ikea
Containers – Ikea
Acrylic storage – I got this from a little discount store in my area for around 20 euro but I’m sure you can find other storage like this on amazon or ebay.
Mirrored Light – boots
I am currently waiting to get some hollywood lights and a big old mirror up but wanted to get this version of my vanity up first because I was too excited and I also wanted to see how the process would look like getting everything ready and sorted. I hope you enjoyed this rather differnet post and don’t forget to thumbs up the video!! It would mean a lot!
I know the quality isn’t superb I’m still getting used to some things but I’m hoping i’ll get better at editing and all that jazz later on!It literally looks like I filmed on a potato but I’m sure I’ll be A OK once I have my better camera on me!
you can follow me on Instagram and Twitter
It’s me! I’ve returned! I’m so sorry for not posting the past week or more , I’ve been extremely busy! I’m in search for a new job and even with the experience needed it’s hard it get ahold of! Passing out cv’s can be extremely tiring! I’m hoping to have a good post up in a few hours to get me stuck back into my blog.
Do you have any requests? Or would like a product reviewed? Drop me a comment